I McCann Sarajevo works with various companies, including data providers, advertisers and publishers, to measure the effectiveness and reach of content viewed or listened to on the internet and radio, no matter what kind of device people use to consume it. For example, we help advertisers better understand campaign performances across TV, radio, computer and mobile audiences.
1. What information we collect
2. How we collect and use information
3. Information regarding interest-based advertising
4. What information we give to third parties
5. How you can change or control what is collected
6. Information for users located outside the EU
8. Other useful information regarding your privacy
9. How you can contact McCann Sarajevo about any questions or concerns you may have.
There may be other privacy policies that apply to certain services we provide. Please read these when you register or subscribe for these services on these sites.
- Purpose of collecting data about users
At McCann Sarajevo we collect different types of information about our users for six main reasons:
1. To conduct research and analysis, including surveys;
2. To carry out certain marketing activities;
3. To help us monitor and improve the services we offer;
4. To respond to your questions, concerns, or customer service inquiries;
5. To otherwise communicate with you about your account;
6. If we have permission from the user, or where otherwise allowed by law, to market services to them.
3. Our principles:
1. We do our very best to protect your privacy by using security technology appropriately. This means:
- we make sure that we have appropriate security measures to protect your information; and
- we make sure that when we ask another organisation to provide a service for us, they have appropriate security measures.
2. We will respect your privacy. We collect personal information, if you agree, you should receive marketing (whether by email, post, SMS or telephone) only from us and, if you agree, from other organisations we have carefully chosen. We will make sure it is clear when you can make these choices, for example, we have boxes you need to tick if you want to receive marketing and you can change your preferences if you no longer want to receive it. However, we may email you occasionally with information or questions about your opinions.
3. We will collect and use individual user details only if we have your permission or we have sensible business reasons for doing so, such as collecting enough information to conduct surveys.
4. We will be clear in our dealings with you as to what information about you we will collect and how we will use it.
5. We will use personal information only for the purposes for which it was originally collected and we will make sure we delete it securely.
6. Our sites are accessible via the internet. This means that people around the world who access our websites can see anything you post on the website, for example, comments about an article.
7. If we or our service providers transfer any information out of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will only be done with the relevant protection (stated under GDPR) being in place.
4. What data do we collect:
McCann Sarajevo may collect data about the content that was viewed (e.g., which ad campaign, or which program episode), where the content was viewed (e.g., on which website or in which app), and general information about the device on which the content was viewed (e.g., tablet or smartphone, advertising identifier, IP address, operating system).
Data from one of our lines of services is then matched with data from other companies that recognize their own users or that collect data about consumers generally. These other companies provide Nielsen with aggregated or pseudonymous audience statistics. We do not tell these third parties what content their users have viewed, and McCann never learns the identities of the other companies’ users.
We do not identify, or attempt to identify, the individuals when we conduct market research.
Our company randomly presents short surveys to users who may or may not have been exposed to our clients' content. Responses are voluntary. If a viewer responds to a survey question, the response is stored in a database. The surveys do not ask for or collect any directly identifiable data.
McCann Sarajevo website offer electronic newsletter with news from I&F McCann Grupa and agencies operating within I&F McCann Grupa, including McCann Sarajevo, to which users may voluntarily subscribe and unsubscribe at any time. User email address will be used solely for sending emails exclusively from this source, concerning the I&F McCann Grupa business. Neither user email adress nor user identity will be sold, leased, rented or disclosed to individuals or organisations outside I&F McCann Grupa or providers that we use for sending these newsletters. Users can remove themselves from the electronic newsletter’s mailing list at any time by following instructions for unsubscribing option at the end of every newsletter.
I&F McCann Grupa mainly uses MailChimp service provider for sending newsletters.
Personal Data collected: emails and other registration info that users provide
Many of our programs and websites allow you to send us an email. We will use the information you provide to respond to your inquiry. We will only send you general information via email. You should be reminded that email may not necessarily be secure against interception. Therefore, we suggest that you do not send sensitive personal data (such as your Social Security number) to us via email. If your intended email communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your bank account, credit card, or Social Security number, you should use another alternative submission of data through a secure web page, if available.
5. How do we use this data?
We use this data to create a variety of insights, reports and analyses, including the composition of the audience that viewed certain content, or about the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
McCann Sarajevo may also enhance or calibrate the data collected with other online and offline data sources and research tools, including Nielsen panelist viewing data (excluding individually identifying details). Other data sources may include social media or ecommerce sites. These additional sources allow us to perform more robust research and analyses concerning Internet audience demographics, preferences, and use.
We include only non-identifiable or aggregated data in our insights, reports and analyses.
To assist us in our marketing, in addition to the data that you provide to us if you register, we may also obtain data from trusted third parties to help us understand what you might be interested in. This ‘profiling’ information is produced from a variety of sources, including publicly available data (such as the electoral roll) or from sources such as surveys and polls where you have given your permission for your data to be shared. You can choose not to have such data shared with us from these sources by logging into your account and changing the settings in the privacy section.
After you have registered, and with your permission, we may send you emails we think may interest you. Newsletters may be personalised based on what you have been reading on web site. At any time you can decide not to receive these emails and will be able to ‘unsubscribe’.
McCann Sarajevo believes that you should have a choice about whether to contribute to our research and insights. If you are not currently in McCann Sarajevo activities and do not wish to participate in research, you may opt out, whenever you like.
7. Use of children’s data
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 16 and we do not offer any of our products or services directly to children under the age of 13.
8. Updating your personal information
You can update your personal information at any time, and change your marketing preferences by contacting our Data Protection Officer responsible for protecting information, Božidar Belić, firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Who we share data with
Depending on where you live, your personal information may be shared with the I&F McCann Grupa of companies that are based in the Sweden, Norway, Croatia, Serbia and other countries where I&F McCann Grupa has companies.
We will not share your personal information with others for marketing purposes unless you have given us your permission. If we have your permission, we will share your information only with other organisations we have chosen carefully.
If you visit an event organised by an event partner, data may be shared for event administration purposes.
We can access and release personal information to keep to relevant laws and government requests, to operate our systems properly and to protect both us and our users.
Any other organisations who access your information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your information and keep to data-protection and privacy laws which apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards. We may use service providers to help us run these sites (or services available on the sites), some of whom may be based outside the EEA.
- For statistical purposes to track how many users we have and how often they visit our websites. We collect information listing which of our pages are most frequently visited, and by which types of users and from which countries.
- We use other organisations to collect anonymous user information, sometimes through cookies and web beacons, (information embedded in images which allow them to analyse how the website is being used and the number of visitors). For example our websites may feature McCann proprietary measurement software, which will allow you to contribute to market research.
- We may use ‘Flash’ cookies to store your preferences for your media player (for example, volume and so on). If we don’t use them, you may not be able to watch some video content. You can turn cookies off but if you do this, you may not be able to use all services on our websites and you might see more pop-ups and other advertising. This is because we won’t be able to limit what you see by using cookies. However, you will still be able to see our editorial content.
For more information about cookies and managing them, including how to turn them off, please visit our page on Cookies.
11. Google Analytics/Google Tag Manager
We use Google Analytics/GTM on our sites for anonymous reporting of site usage and for advertising on the site.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of site/application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Google Tag Manager is an analytics service provided by Google Inc.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
12. About our advertising
As you browse our sites, some of the cookies we place on your computer will be advertising cookies, so we can understand what sort of pages you are interested in. We can then display advertising on your browser that is based on these perceived interests. For instance if you have been reading a lot of food and drink articles, you may be shown more adverts for food and drink.
It is important to remember that none of the techniques we use will collect information such as your name, email address, postal address or phone number.
We may also share anonymised behavioural data with advertising partners, including commercial organisations that fund content labelled ‘Supported by’, ‘Paid content/Paid for by’ or ‘Advertiser content/from our advertisers’. This may mean that when you are on other websites, you will be shown advertising based on your behaviour on our sites. We may also show you advertising on our site based on your behaviour on other sites.
Behavioural retargeting is another form that allows us and some of our advertising partners to show you ads based on your browsing patterns and interactions with a site away from our sites. For example, if you have visited the website of an online clothes shop, you may start seeing ads from that same shopping site displaying special offers or showing you the products that you were browsing. This allows companies to advertise to you if you leave their website without making a purchase.
If you want to opt out of receiving online behavioural advertising, this does not mean that you will no longer receive advertising when you are using our sites. It just means that the advertising you see will not be customised for you.
Advertising on mobile devices may require the collection and sharing of the unique device ID with companies who purchase advertising space on the mobile application.
Advertising remarketing and behavioral targeting that we may use:
Facebook Remarketing (Facebook, Inc.)
Facebook Remarketing is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects the activity of this Application with the Facebook advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Facebook Custom Audience (Facebook, Inc.)
Facebook Custom Audience is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Facebook, Inc. that connects the activity of this Application with the Facebook advertising network.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and email address.
Remarketing through Google Analytics for Display Advertising (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics for Display Advertising is a remarketing and behavioral targeting service provided by Google Inc. that connects the tracking activity performed by Google Analytics and its Cookies with the Adwords advertising network and the Doubleclick Cookie.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
13. Other Advertising
Our sites contain links to other websites from which we may earn revenue. Our articles are never influenced by advertisers or affiliates, nor are they written for the purpose of promoting a product, except when clearly branded as a ‘sponsored by’, ‘brought to you by’ or ‘supported by’ ‘Supported by’, ‘Paid content/paid for by’ or ‘Advertiser content’/’from our advertisers’ to represent sponsored content, advertisement features and foundation funded features respectively.
14. Legal information and how to contact us
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/697) we have to say who the ‘data controller’ is for McCann Beograd and services provided through our websites. The data controller is the organisation responsible for protecting information, in our case, the certified Data Protection Officer is Božidar Belić, email@example.com
If you would like access to or a copy of the personal information we hold about you, to request a correction, or have any questions about how we may use it or to make a complaint, please contact the Data Protection Officer at the address shown above.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Officer, and will be responded to within 30 days at the latest.